Possible new book!

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 10:40:31 EST 2000

> Well the Database actually says 7/99. But maybe they do
> mean 2000. This is Dawsons the book suppliers database, but
> it includes pre-publication information and has thus been
> incorrect before (with a phantom paperback imprint of Dark
> Lord for last year, grrrr). I couldn't find it on either
> BOL or Amazon UK, though. But I think we can be fairly sure
> that a book on this topic will be appearing, didn't DWJ
> herself say that she was working on a 'sequel' to Dark
> Lord? The database includes plot information so it seems
> pretty definate. It does feel a long time to wait,
> especially for any paperback edition.

Well, those of us lucky enough to get to Wincon last year (Grrr!  I wanted to
go, but I had a prior comitment to a friend, to play the organ at her wedding.
Grrr!)  claimed that DWJ was reading bits from a sequel to Dark Lord, the
implication being that this was a book in preparation.  And this was August 1999
so it is unlikely that the book came out in July, or she would have been selling
copies!  My guess is that it is a misprint for 7/00.

I tried to order it from my local bookshop but it wasn't on their database :-(

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Nottingham, NG11 0EE, UK