[OT]: Title translation, was Re: Intro

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jan 9 08:59:04 EST 2000

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Irina Rempt wrote:

> Same thing with Dutch translations - they tend to be awful (and
> nearly put me off DWJ, the translations of _Cart and Cwidder_ and
> _The Spellcoats_ are just plain awful and that of _Eight Days of
> Luke_ is quite extraordinarily awful, I'm glad nobody ever did any
> others.

On the other hand, the Dutch translator of Terry Pratchett novels is
said to be brilliant (it's even said that the Dutch version of _Mort_
is better than the original).
I'd say that some authors have all the luck, but I can't because I've
also heard about the German translations of PTerry's work...

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."