Dark Lord in paperback/Various musings

Philip.Belben at pgen.com Philip.Belben at pgen.com
Thu Jan 6 10:44:55 EST 2000

> I've just bought a copy of the Dark Lord of Derkholm in the
> new UK paperback edition (ISBN 1857989368 ?6.99) so I at
> last have my own copy! Hurrah!

Dell wone!

> pictures of the supposed Dark Lord on the cover. Maybe it's
> designed to appeal to those readers who will only buy
> mega-multi volume SF series type books. (That's the feeling
> I got when I saw the covers for the 'Dalemark Quartet'

Ditto.

> books, but then I have a hard time thinking of them as a
> 'quartet', I mean they were never described as the
> 'Dalemark Trilogy' when I read & reread them as a child,
> but I digress).

:-)

> However DWJ is my favourite author. I'm still trying to
> track down a copy of Puss in Boots. Has anyone actually
> seen this in a bookshop? Buying on the internet is all very
> well, but it's not as fun as browsing in bookshops.

Gosh, no.  I looked up the ISBN on Amazon and walked down to my local bookshop
to order it.

(Bookshop is run by a friend.  She:  "Who's it for?"  Me:  "To complete my
collection of DWJ, of course!"  When I collected the book, she won that
exchange, by remarking "let me know if you have difficulty with any of the long
words")

> I'm now looking forward to rereading Dark Lord. Don't you
> just love the sarcastic geese?

Genetically Modified is the term, I believe :-)  Yes I do, but I just _adore_
Scales.  Don't blame Lydda at all (although Scales seems to have no idea how to
keep her at a proper distance...)

Hey, just thought!  Are those sheep borrowed from Tanith Lee's _East of
Midnight_?

Have fun!

Philip.

by those to whom it is addressed.