Translations

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Tue Jan 4 18:17:26 EST 2000

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:04:20 +1100, Sally Odgers wrote:

>Puns don't translate well

There's a comic book that does an incredible job translating puns.  It's the
Astrix comics.  The originals are done in French, but the puns come through
very well in both the English and German versions.  I hear from my Welsh
teacher that they even do a good job of it in the Welsh version.  Obviously
some liberty is taken to build the puns correctly, but there is no
disconnect with the story to make it so.

Jacob