dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #138

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 22:05:00 EST 2000

In a message dated 2/25/00 12:42:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

>  Anyway, I think male witches are odd - maybe I've read too much "Equal
rites"
> ,
>  or Grimm's fairy tales (and too little dwj recently - still waiting for my
> order!),
>  but even though it may sound sexist, I always felt that witchcraft is a
> female thing-
>  may have something to do with the moon and menstruation and so on...
Isn't that funny--in Margaret Mahy's book Changeover, the demon comments on
how rare and unusual it is to see a male witch--young Sorry was planned as a
daughter with power, and were they ever annoyed when he appeared and was
male!  I just love that book
Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com