Anime

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 08:16:39 EST 2000

I haven't been following this very closely, since I am not a great cinema-goer,
and have never before heard of anime, let alone Miyazaki, but I thought I'd chip
in here:

> Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky are very good
> movies.  I don't know if I would like to see Howl's animated, but
> if anyone can pull it off, it is Miyazaki.

I take it Castle in the Sky _doesn't_ have anything to do with Castle in the
Air...

FWIW I think Anime, if you compare other Japanese-written-in-Roman-script, is
probably three syllables, A - Ni - Me, as if it were a French word with an acute
accent on the last E (and thus the past participle of Animer, which presumably
means To Animate)

If that sounds rather confused, I'll take a chance on non-ASCII characters
getting through the mail gateways, and merely say:

I assumed it was Animé

Anyway, I can't wait to see how that comes out.  Keep us posted, all those of
you who follow these things, please!

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.