Griffins

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 07:54:47 EST 2000

> I do suddenly remember another children's book with a griffin in it. A fairly
> light, but not too flimsy story. Can't recall title or author though. It was
> the standard treasure hunt with magicial creature guide story, IIRC, it took
> place in Brighton and there were two children involved (boy and girl) the
> griffin was about the size of a large dog, and masqueraded as one. The
> treasure that they eventually turned up was a set of china which had been
> commissioned for the Brighton Pavilion.

That is exactly the book I was trying to remember in my rather cryptic earlier
message.  For some reason, the name of Elizabeth Beresford is still connected
with it in my mind.  Anyway, I am visiting parents in a week or so, and I think
they have a copy...

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.