Re anime rumour

Thu Feb 24 23:28:46 EST 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 01:07:14 +0000, andrew osmond wrote:

>Among the bribes she has gleefully accepted
>from the prospective director are merchandising from previous anime
>films of his: a stuffed toy black cat with large eyes who now answers to
>the name of KiKi

Shouldn't she have named this Jiji?  :)

My kids LOVE Kiki's Delivery Service.  (All black toy cats in our house are
now Jiji, and I gave one daughter a Playmobil witch with a broom who has
permanently been christened Kiki.)  So do I.  I discovered Miyazaki without
knowing that's what I was doing; we have the Nausicaa books (some of them
anyway) and bought the Kiki video without having ever heard the name.  It
amused our more anime-literate friends, for some reason.  Still haven't seen
Princess Mononoke, though those same friends have been raving about it.  It
was unfortunately showing in only one theater in Salt Lake County (possibly
in the entire state of Utah) and the copy they were showing was not well
cared for.  It has become quite damaged in the course of multiple
screenings--scratches, big empty-screen gaps, etc. So we're waiting for the
video....

I'm adding my voice to others: if _Howl's_ had to be animated, Miyazaki
should be the one to do it.  He has a very graceful touch.

And welcome to the list, Andrew!

Melissa Proffitt