dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #137

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Feb 24 15:56:29 EST 2000

|         In the pipeline at Studio Ghibli.
|         Re: Big rumour: anime Howl's Moving Castle

(arising from two days of food poisoning, deborah delurks,
knowing she owes many of you mail but prompted to answer this one
any how)

I love Miyazaki, and I really don't like any other anime.  (I
once told a friend "Miyazaki is like anime except it is *good*"
to which the responded " you know that is as if I've just said to
you, 'Diana Wynne Jones is like fantasy except she is good'".)

Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky are very good
movies.  I don't know if I would like to see Howl's animated, but
if anyone can pull it off, it is Miyazaki.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
In plain then, what forbids he but to know,
Forbids us good, forbids us to be wise?   -- Paradise Lost