Big rumour: anime Howl's Moving Castle

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Mon Feb 21 12:16:09 EST 2000

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:42:35 +1100, Sally Odgers wrote:

>> Anime = Japanese cartoons.
>
>Oh, dear.... I don't like cartoons of books for older readers. (yes, I
>know; I'm inconsistent and intolerant because I have, after all, written
>scripts for them, but those were for little children).

You need to see some Anime before you make that judgement.  Yes, it is odd
because it is animation.  But Anime is only very rarely for children.  My
personal theory is that Japanese film makers are as creative as Hollywood
(though a little more accepting of scifi), but lack the budgets for all the
costumes and special affects.  So they draw them.  Cheaper that way.  They
are most definitely stories for adults, though.  Some of them are downright
"Adult".

Jacob Proffitt