Big rumour: anime Howl's Moving Castle

Alice Jane Cooley ajcooley at pobox.com
Sun Feb 20 19:15:42 EST 2000

Yikes! That is really exciting! I do hope it's true. I can't quite picture what
Miyazaki would do with HMC, but I've loved all of his work that I've seen, and
I'm sure that even if the movie weren't 100% faithful to the book, it would
still be excellent good fun. The only slight qualm that comes over me as I
think about this is that old women in anime have a tendency to look like
grotesque toads... but then, I recall the old wise-woman in Princess Mononoke
looked quite dignified and not at all amphibious... so there is probably no
need to worry...

Stream-of-consciously,
Alice