Writing to Writers

Nat Case hedberg at vermontel.net
Fri Feb 18 14:01:31 EST 2000

I would think it would depend how much your letter was a professional
activity vs a fan activity. For the latter, it would be seen as polite but
not necessary to enclose an SASE, I think. Whereas with the former it would
be a little odd. But that's just me.

Also it would depend on how much the letter is asking the author for
something, and how much it's offering something (i.e. a letter saying, "I
just wanted you to know your book saved me from death at the hands of a
komodo dragon," doesn't need an SASE, but one saying, "could you please send
me a locket of your afghan hound's hair," definitely would.).

Hope that helps.

Off to battle my way to New Jersey (snow and sleet and slush and Icky Icky
Icky).

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc.