Dark Lord of Derkholm (SPOILER)

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 16 20:31:21 EST 2000

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> <snip> Scales is brilliant.  I desperately need him around to roar
> "MOVE, SCUM!" to get the
> girls moving to get ready for school or to clean up their rooms.  I tried
> it this morning but they only giggled.  Must be my inability to breath
> fire.  :-(

Aah.  I think Scales is my favourite character (if I have to pick one),
though querulous Querida (I *wish* I knew how DWJ came up with that name!)
certainly comes close.  And the "MOVE, SCUM!" episode was one of the most
satisfying come-uppance/cavalry-arrival moments I've ever read.

And Hallie, of *course* I don't think you'd hold your local library in
contempt for its inadequacies.  After all, little shabby foibles only make
libraries more endearing.

Alexandra
(who has been often told she needs a life (a very annoying expression, I
trow))