where is everybody?

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Feb 9 14:19:06 EST 2000

On  8 Feb, alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca wrote:

> My heartfelt sympathies--I had to disentangle my way out of LISP's
> parantheses at the end of last year (though it's a fun programming
> language in a whole bunch of ways).

It sure is - I finally understood recursion afterwards! And interpreted
languages are kinda cool.

"But it's pretty dire recreational
> reading! (Although, again, I find nothing sends me off to sleep quite as
> efficiently as a fine programming language textbook.  Such a soothing
> quality to those syntax specifications...)

Well, I haven't read many language textbooks yet (rather used them as a
reference), but nearly *any* kind of non-fiction will make me sleepy
(apart from my first Linux book ;)

Britta
--
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign