Book IDs (a longish delurk)

PREISIG Kylie kp027 at energex.com.au
Tue Feb 1 16:53:18 EST 2000

> Doesn't amazon, for example, have an Australia-local bookshop? That's
> the best thing about internet bookshops in Germany - you pay no
> postage! (And they have cheap english books).

No! *grumble*

Dymocks and Angus & Robertson, which are the two big bookshop chains here
have web based shops.  But by the time anything is listed on there it's in
the bookshop up the street anyway.

> I loved it!!!!! It's a bit like Snow Crash in style (loads of
> diversions - great!), but I felt written mostly for computer
> geeks - at
> least being one helped understanding some jokes (though maybe being
> American helps understanding other ones ...) it took me 4 days to
> finish!

Everyone who has mentioned it to me has loved it!  Though come to think of
it, most of them were computer geeks...  I'm getting tempted to lash out on
the trade paperback.  Even though trade paperbacks are disgusting!

Kylie