Book IDs (a longish delurk)

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Feb 1 14:12:30 EST 2000

Hi!

> I'm sometimes temped to buy from the internet bookstores, but postage is so
> expensive to Australia that I usually wait until the book is available in
> the bookshops here.

Doesn't amazon, for example, have an Australia-local bookshop? That's
the best thing about internet bookshops in Germany - you pay no
postage! (And they have cheap english books).
> So libraries are usually a good compromise for me.  I might not get to read
> the book as soon as I want to, but the wait is usually not too bad.  Though
> I have been waiting for _Cryptonomicon_ for about three months now.  And I
> will buy the book eventually, it it is any good.

I loved it!!!!! It's a bit like Snow Crash in style (loads of
diversions - great!), but I felt written mostly for computer geeks - at
least being one helped understanding some jokes (though maybe being
American helps understanding other ones ...) it took me 4 days to
finish!

Britta, wanting OrdoEmacs and wondering "why Finux?"

--
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
   X   - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail    britta at linuxchix.org
  / \  - NO Word docs in e-mail