Matching series

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Tue Feb 1 13:15:03 EST 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:30:49 +1000 , PREISIG Kylie wrote:

>Also I don't like buying hardbacks partway through a series.  And especially
>not with the Anita Blake series, where _Obsidian Butterfly_ is the first
>that has actually come out in hardback.  I'll buy it when it comes out in
>paperback so that it matches all the rest.  Even with series that first came
>out in hardback, by the time I have discovered I like them enough to want to
>pay that kind of money to read them right away, the first book in the series
>will have been out for a while and won't be available in hardback.  And I
>really do like my series to match!

I'm afraid you're doomed to disappointment if you want the Anita Blake
series to match.  Even when it comes out in paperback, the new cover design
is very distinctive and very different than the rest of the series.  They'll
be the same size, but the look has definitely changed.  It looks like a
mainstream fiction cover until you read the copy.

Jacob Proffitt