The Worlds of Chrestomanci AKA Mixed Magics

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 12:53:57 EST 2000

Only one new story? Oh. Well. At least there's ONE.

I wrote to Ms. Jones a few years ago. She responded quite promptly
considering the trans-Atlantic mail service.  I recall tmentioning that I had
particularly enjoyed Hexwood (her most recent at the time), Her response said
that she was glad to hear it, since a number of her fans said that that one
had made their brains hurt.

I've always considered it a much more sucessful experiment in non-linear
storytelling than Tale of Time City. Have always suspected that might have
been a passage in Spellcoats which started her off on that particular
project. (Mallard tells Tanaqui that her determination to tell everything in
"the proper order" is as bad as Herne's insistence that there be a rational
explanation for everything.)