Book IDs (a longish delurk)

G Spaul gill at spaul.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 04:42:37 EST 2000

Philip wrote, inter alia, the following....

>So you're probably the only person here who will understand me if I say
that I
>did two years of NatSci and changed to EIST for my final year...

Nope.  I did SPS. And, while I was there I had the pleasure of seeing Diana
herself presenting a seminar at CCAT (which is now presumably called
something or other university).

>It was traditional to do 8 O-levels in most schools, including mine,

9 was the norm that I always encountered - although at my school you could
do as many as 10 and as few as 1

>compulsory subjects were usually English Language, English
>Literature, Maths and a Language (French at my school)

And RE for anyone at a church school!

>but Eng Lit didn't
>include any criticism - at least, not the way it was taught to me.

Ours did - but only to a limited extent.

gill (oops - I've unlurked)