OT re a suitable computer for my Dad

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 19:02:41 EST 2000

I wonder if anyone can help me here. My Dad needs to get online
as my brother now lives in Peru and the post is terrible. I'm hoping
someone can suggest a suitable system for his age and ability.
Dad's 81 and he's never used a computer to my knowledge.
However he's an ex maths teacher, he was an RAF navigator and
he can programme his video! I'm hoping we can find something in
the sales when I visit him next month, it needs to be something all
in one box and easy to put together.

I guess it would be best to reply offlist.

Thanks
                                           Ven.