Year of the Griffin

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 13:43:00 EST 2000

I don't know why I'm even bothering writing this, because all I want to do
is agree with you all and that does not lead to very interesting discussion.
YES my least favourite bits were the pairing off, the pop pshychology, and
the unconvincing bit about Lydda. This despite the fact that my husband
claims he knew one hour into our first blind date that he wanted to marry
me, and it only took me about three weeks to concede. YES the human genes in
Dirk's experiments make me feel a bit uneasy - and don't the flying horses
have some human genes too? And YES I enjoyed the book tremendously despite
all of this and triple YES YES YES my absolutely favorite part of the book
were the essays, and I wished I could have read them - in fact, I wished I
could have known enough about that kind of magic to WRITE them, and YES YES
YES YES I've had experiences like that at the University too, though I've
also been fortunate once in a while to have the sorts of professors who
would accept an essay about comics in a course about performance theory...

So glad you're all writing again. hip hip hooray!