Melissa's Brain (Was: Re: Chrestomanci Audio Books)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Dec 14 03:50:19 EST 2000

>I pay it in lots of chocolate and fluffy comfort books.  I don't know what
>happened.  I just woke up one morning and it said to me, "I'm leaving.  I
>can't take this anymore." "Take what?" I ask.  "If you don't know, I'm not
>going to tell you," it says.  "You'll just have to make do with the spare
>you keep in a jar."  So there I am with no attention span and an
>inferior-grade brain in a jar, provenance unknown, though I've noticed that
>it seems to know a lot about the history of the personal computer and really
>likes Jackie Chan movies.

This made me laugh so much!  Hope you don't mind, but I already
caught myself thinking of saying that my brain had "Done a Melissa".
(Hey, I'm Doomed anyway over Laurel, so...)

Hallie (who cannot be accused of kicking someone when she's down
already, given the posts Melissa managed with the spare brain!)