Chrestomanci Audio Books

Wed Dec 13 01:27:44 EST 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:56:27 +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Melissa:
>
>>You see how things are with me right now.  I haven't been able to add
>>anything substantive to list discussion lately, and I have a very old post
>>by Hallie to respond to (since she had the audacity to DISAGREE with me
>>AGAIN) but my brain's on permanent vacation.  Holiday.  Whatever.
>
>I think "stupidity" is the word you needed! :)

I like this word lately.  The connotations of "stupor," "stupefied"...feels
right for me somehow.

> I couldn't even
>remember what I'd had the whatever it was to disagree with you about
>(yes, I know  - AGAIN!), but Becca thought it was Laurel.  I just
>_might_ survive that.

Mwahahahah.  I remember.  It was.

>But I'm interested to see you give your brain holidays.  Paid?

I pay it in lots of chocolate and fluffy comfort books.  I don't know what
happened.  I just woke up one morning and it said to me, "I'm leaving.  I
can't take this anymore." "Take what?" I ask.  "If you don't know, I'm not
going to tell you," it says.  "You'll just have to make do with the spare
you keep in a jar."  So there I am with no attention span and an
inferior-grade brain in a jar, provenance unknown, though I've noticed that
it seems to know a lot about the history of the personal computer and really
likes Jackie Chan movies.

Melissa Proffitt
(approaching the event horizon of surreality.  Again.)