dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #247

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Mon Dec 11 11:18:47 EST 2000

I would like to.

That is, discuss YotG.

But maybe list traffic was down due to pre-Christmas stress, which migth
slow the discussion a bit?

BTW I've just, because of recommendations on this list, read a lot of
Lois MacMaster Bujold, which was fantastic. (There were so many
sentences and images that got an "oh-yes-she's right" or
"what-fabulous-way-to-put-that" effect out of me, like, Miles in Memory
moving in his new rooms describing the feeling "like a plant in a new,
bigger pot of the rigth size"). Thanks to all who recommended her work.

And while I'm at it, I'd also like thank those who did for recommending
Steven Brust. I liked his books a lot, too.

Bettina
(Whose English is a bit tired today... ;-)