dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #247

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:15:38 EST 2000

Has everyone stopped writing, or have I somehow been unsubscribed off the
list?

I've just reread "The Ogre Downstairs", and liked it much better this time,
though I still think the end is a bit abrupt and disspointing. I can't
believe the ogre and Sally would be so easy to convince and appease.

Has anyone else noticed that the Greek bits at the end are really English?

Or did someone already post this here, because as I write it, it is sounding
more and more familiar?
Anyway, I either just discovered this or just rediscovered that the Helmet
people at the end of "The Ogre Downstairs" are probably saying:

"Hit me on the lid again and see what you get!"
"Think (you can hit?) fellows on the head, do you?"
"This kid tried to thump me, fellows!"
"Okay, lets take them both apart a bit"
"Let me attem"
"Fulla spirit, aren't they?"