Social Promo etc Xpost

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Thu Aug 31 08:52:06 EDT 2000

Hi all;

This is going to be one weird message as I have a lot of subjects and not much time. I'm hoping Social/Promo can carry the banner, so anyone not interested can delete immediately.

Social bit first-

I'm back from my travels - sort of! By which I mean I'm home from Darwin, Alice, Kalgoorlie and Cooee but now I have a mountain of work to do. I'm sort of semi lurking, but if anyone wants to contact me, I'm at my usual address.

I've been reading some books by Rosemary Edgehill - she writes fantasy, whodunnit and Regency... what a mixture! "Met by Moonlight" was very interesting, and so are the three "Bast" detective novels. I've also indulged in a funny fantasy by Clair Cross - the heroine is an immortal Gypsy! Oh, and I read "Falling into Glory" by Robert Westall, "The Path of the She Wolf" by Teresa Tomlinson and the last of the Switchers trilogy by Kate Thompson - a rare run of good books.

Now to the Promo bit;

Meanwhile, I have new articles up at Suite 101 http://suite101.com/welcome.cfm/write_australian and my competition is running at http://members.xoom.com/Sallyo/contest.htm while my mentor page is open at http://members.xoom.com/Sallyo/mentor.htm

I also have chapter excerpts up at NovelAdvice at http://noveladvice.com/000820p3.htm#never (a comedy romance) and http://noveladvice.com/000820p2.htm#oops (a children's comedy fantasy).

Now I'll retire to the fastness (or whatever) and get on with the book I'm meant to be writing.

Sallyo.