Heinlein (off-topic)

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sat Aug 26 14:07:03 EDT 2000

In a message dated 8/26/00 10:25:29 AM, Melissa at Proffitt.com writes:

<< But I also think that choosing to rear children isn't a
diminishing of female potential.  That it's ALL the women...yeah, it's a
little wearing.  >>

Suspect that it's the absence of any admission that other options might be
just as valid for other people that really galls.  Am I mistaken in my
suspicion that Heinlein doesn't bother to show any "heroic" female character
who DOESN'T end up married--with children? Or that he even shows any valid
childless mariages at all?