Lois McMaster Bujold

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 25 12:22:26 EDT 2000

Ah, yes.  I started out with virtuous intentions to follow Melissa's good
advice and acquire all the books and read them in order.  I got four
of them from my beloved library (Barrayar, Bordersof Infinity, Cetaganda
and Komarr) and put them aside.  Then in an idle moment I started reading
Barrayar, and... well, now I finished them and must go back for more. My
favourite was, I think, Komarr,*  but maybe just because I read it last.
The beginning had me in tears of frustration (poor Ekaterin!) and the
ending had me in tears of laughter (wonderful Ekaterin!). I wonder what
precisely the addictive ingredient is.  What, by the way, does "space
opera" mean?

Breathlessly and sleeplessly,

Alexandra
* or maybe Cetaganda, for the sheer coolness of the invented world