Heinlein (off-topic)

kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au kylie.preisig at police.wa.gov.au
Fri Aug 25 04:24:49 EDT 2000

I really like Heinlein.  And and actually prefer his over-one-inch-thick
books to his juveniles.

I _don't_ agree with a lot of his views but I can look at those irritating
bits and say to myself "yes, he's being racist/sexist here, but that's his
view, and I needn't let it influence me at all".  He wrote darn good stories
if you don't let his views get to you.

Spider Robinson is another writer that I feel that way about.  I also really
disagree with some of his opinions and that used to bother me.  I guess I
was influenced by a sense of inferiority because I thought if anyone has got
a book published then their opinions must be worth listening to.  Then I
decided that was garbage!  I now read Heinlein and Robinson for the good
bits and ignore the opinions I don't agree with.  I count those bits as
educational - realising that there are people out there that really think
that is how the world is/should be!

Byeeeeee,
Kylie

This email message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient be
advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or attached files is
strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information contained therein.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your Inbox.