Lois McMaster Bujold

Thu Aug 24 16:55:46 EDT 2000

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:40:55 -0400, Courtney M Eckhardt wrote:

>While we're on the subject (and off the topic... :), I was wondering if
>other people had favorite books in that series, and what they were and
>why.

Heaven forbid this group should ever get off topic....

I think Memory and Shards of Honor are my favorites.  The beginning of
Memory drove me nuts, of course, but it made the later payoff SOOOO good.
If the hero is going to hit rock bottom during a book, I expect that at
least he'll end up back at the top, and preferably better off than
before...which is how Memory works out.  What a good book.

I was looking at those publication dates as I typed up that list and it was
very interesting.  Maybe I will go back and read them that way...after
finishing everything else, of course.  There's still almost two months left
to go before YoG, right?  :)

Melissa Proffitt