Namecalling songs

Parks Family bill-sarah at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 22 19:59:16 EDT 2000

The only song of names I know is one I learned in AP American History
(which, with typical US self-centeredness, focused not a bit on any other
part of America but the States).  It's to the tune of Yankee Doodle, and
begins "George Washington, first president, was followed by John Adams, Tom
Jefferson and Madison, Monroe and Quincy Adams. . ." and goes on through all
the US presidents until Clinton.  What this basically meant is that during
the AP exam that year, quite a few of us could be heard to hum Yankee Doodle
at random times, because while we knew the presidents, we didn't know them
without the song.

lizzie