(Fwd) Re: Terrible at any age

Ven ven at vvcrane.junglelink.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 13:25:53 EDT 2000

From:           	Self <Single-user mode>
To:             	dwj at suberic.net
Subject:        	Re: Terrible at any age
Date sent:      	Mon, 14 Aug 2000 02:50:30 +0100

Hi Becca,
              I've realised my terrible mistake................... basically I
thought you were 10 on the fourteenth not , ahem fourteen on the
tenth. Then, when I saw the first messages, because of my dodgy
monitor, I posted in haste, without checking my parameters, before
the screen  could start scrolling again.................

I remember thinking I'd thought you were older, your posts being so
mature and well written and all but then, as you said you hadn't
posted for a while. Anyhow I know what a terrible thing I did! I had a
Great Aunt who sent me pastel cards with animals wearing clothes
on for a very long time after I was five.

The monitor died completely last night, but thanks to a friend who
runs an adoption service for second hand bits of tech, I've got
another one, phew! Remember what I said about going to my dad's
being a test of my new e mail habit? It was nothing compared to
having my monitor die by inches while I was trying to read the last
DWJ digest. Especially when I'd realised the terrible mistake and
couldn't do anything about it.

I like the urban fantasy, medieval and other stuff threasd, I'll get
back to you all soon.
You are trapped in that bright moment when you turned fourteen?