A Tale of Time City

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 13:03:29 EDT 2000

Neil wrote:

> I thought the ending was bizarre.  It read like it had been rounded up
> hastily, so that DWJ could shove the final manuscript in the postbox before
> the publisher's deadline.  I considered the possibility that the reader was
> supposed to be left feeling that there ought to be something on the next
> page in order to imply that time has no firm end.  But then decided I was
> being too analytical...

Actually, I find this is a feature of quite a lot of DWJ's work.  Sudden Wild
Magic has this very noticeably, and nonetheless manages to be my favourite book!

I think that what DWJ is doing is building up tension in a lot of sub-plots,
which are all going to fall into place at the end.  And when they do, the
tension is released rather rapidly.  But, it works!

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

PowerGen Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message.
PowerGen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

PowerGen UK plc Registered Office: 53 New Broad Street London EC2M 1SL
Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970