Middle Ages, Dark Ages and pre-modern "straight" fantasy.... (vague Charmed Life spoilers!)

Amaya Booker amaya at whatever.net.au
Mon Aug 14 09:03:21 EDT 2000

> > Why do you think they are contemporary? (And I'd better reread
> > Charmed Life, I'd guess.)
> Not sure exactly. I'm pretty sure Janet's from the late twentieth
> century, and I consider that indicative, ditto the cast of Witch Week;
> but whether there's any definite statements to the effect, I can't
> remember offhand.

I rather thought that implication was that although history progressed at
the same rate in each world that the technology in the magic based world had
not progressed as fast as our "own world" (ie Janet's) as their was not the
need since magic overruled the need for technology.

Considering from Janet's description of her world it seems to be late 20th
century style living and Janet's brother provided the void for Cat's life
then you'd presume they're the same timelines with different rates of
invention

Amaya
-------
There's no justice.