Bus lanes

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Aug 8 13:49:41 EDT 2000

Jennifer said...

> Yes, I know. There are a *few* of them in London. I was being sarcastic
> about there not being *enough*.

Sorry.  I don't know London.  My experience of that city consists of
Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton airports, and a party in Northolt.

> Although I suppose knocking down all the
> buildings to provide four-lane roads along every bus route isn't really
> feasible.

Aww, but why not?!

> And if they did people would just park in them.

Hah.  Not in this city they don't.  At least, not for long.  And not twice.
People who do that get towed and have to pay huge sums of money to get their
cars back.

> Jennifer
> A non-driver, can you tell?

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian. (also a non-driver, and planning to stay that way.  There are
entirely too many cars in this city already.)
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust" -T. S. Eliot