Eight Days of Luke & Harry Potter

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Aug 7 15:32:36 EDT 2000

Jennifer mused...

> Not even faintly. :-)  But bus lanes are wonderful things!
> Dorian.
>
> Bus.....lanes. Bus....lanes. You mean a special part of the road just for
> buses? What a wonderful idea!

Zig-zackly!  Section of road set aside for buses (and taxis).  Normal cars
who use it get stopped, fined, etc. for breaking the traffic laws.  They are
so cool.  Imagine a road with two lanes in each direction.  On each side,
the inside lane is the bus lane.  On each side, there is a long line of
stopped cars in the outside lane, tailed back from some junction or other.
You are sitting on the bus, which whizzes happily up the empty outside line
and gets where it's going long before any of the cars do, *and* you can
laugh at all the people in the cars!  <nasty sniggering>

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust" -T. S. Eliot