Eight Days of Luke & Harry Potter

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Aug 4 05:12:53 EDT 2000

> Although honesty compels me to admit that housing just now is a huge
> problem here...  Honestly also compels me to admit that there's a belief
> that Dubliners can only talk about house-prices and the hideous mess that
> is Dublin traffic.

Heh.  I bought my house a year ago last Monday, so I don't talk about house
prices any more. :-)  And since I go everywhere by bus, I feel no need to
moan about traffic.

If I stay in London I will never, as long as I live, be able to afford a
house. Even a flat in a slum may be beyond me. And up North, where I would
rather live, the choice of jobs is severely restricted. Oh well, everyone's
got troubles. And being in a cultural and commercial centre does have its
plus points, of course.
All the bus-commuters I know moan loads about traffic- they get stuck in
just as many jams, not to mention how late they usually are. You must be
very forbearing, Dorian.
Jennifer