Eight Days of Luke & Harry Potter

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 11:21:25 EDT 2000

???????!!!!!

Frankly, apart from the fact that both books are "quest" stories and both
protagonists have vile relatives I can't see any coincidence at all between
these two books. I wonder what that poster was thinking of?

Do agree that Rowling very likely read at least some DWJ as a child. And the
earlier she read it the more likely that bits sank in without consious
intent. Actually with that as a springboard, there do seem to be a few echos
of Wilkin's Tooth to some of the background flavor of Harry Potter's world.
It isn't all that blatant though, and the early Jones wasn't as broad a
departure from what else was out there as her later stuff has become.