Guardian review

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Apr 28 14:04:04 EDT 2000

>Close - I'm Gill - short for Gillian, but only my mother calls me that!
>Thanks for the welcome.

Oops!  Sorry, Gill.  Could I pass it off as spelling mistakes like Tom's,
done just to make you feel at home here?  No, I didn't think so.

>> I _thought_ Ogre was still in print.  I didn't actually check this on
>> Amazon.uk or anywhere, but I've certainly seen it in book shops very
>> recently (in Ireland BTW, which would be the same as the UK).
>
>It's been a long time since I've seen it in a bookshop - but then the staff
>in Waterstones in Leamington, handing out the little "Worlds of
>Chrestomanci" booklet seemed never to have heard of her. <sigh>

I know the feeling!  There was still a copy in the Waterstones in town
today.  What joy though - we went into three book shops and all of them had
tons of copies of the new books all over the place. :-)  :-)

We got Mixed Magics, which I think must have the worst picture of
Chrestomanci of any of the new ones.  Especially strange as people in the
stories keep going on about how handsome (and well-dressed) C. is.   I'm
dreading the cover of Fire and Hemlock out next month - though Becca
doesn't think it can possibly be worse than the one we have already (the
Berkley pb).

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie