Guardian review

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Apr 27 08:09:41 EDT 2000

>Hi - I'm new to the list - and it's just wonderful to find other DWJ fans! I
>teach English and do my best to spread the good word..........

Hi, Gail, and welcome!

>Don't diss Rowling - she has a lot to learn from an expert like DWJ, but the
>Potter books are good - and they get Year 7 boys to read - it's actually
>*cool* to discuss HP books! (Sounds like a sauce.<g>)

Beware of using food terms on this list - we seem to have a strange
tendency to ramble off into long and peculiar discussions.  :-)

>They don't seem to be reissuing "Ogre Downstairs", which is a pity - it's
>one of my favourites.

I _thought_ Ogre was still in print.  I didn't actually check this on
Amazon.uk or anywhere, but I've certainly seen it in book shops very
recently (in Ireland BTW, which would be the same as the UK).

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie