long de-lurk

Mon Apr 17 00:55:48 EDT 2000

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:18:57 +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>>>The Wren books were published first, and Wren to the Rescue is now OOP, but
>>>even those have never been in pb.  I don't quite know what the story is.
>>
>>They've been in paperback.  Sorry--I mean that I know _Wren to the Rescue_
>>was--that's the copy I checked out from the library.  It was published in PB
>>by Dell Yearling, who do a lot of reprints of children's fantasy--I've seen
>>their Lloyd Alexander books, and the inside cover says they did the Wrinkle
>>in Time series as well.  And a bunch of others.  But now I'm wondering if
>>that imprint is even still alive, after all the recent mergers.
>
>Oops, sorry!  I should have said that I assumed they were never in pb, as I
>did a very lengthy search for Wren to the Rescue, and never saw any signs
>of a pb version.

I don't wonder you couldn't find it.  I can't find it either--if I hadn't
gotten it from my library, I wouldn't have known myself.  And to be honest,
the PB being unavailable is essentially the same as it not existing....

>>>Any chance someone could explain to me why Melissa's reply posted before
>>>the message in which Chris asked the question?
>>
>>Shoot.  I've been time traveling again, have I?
>
>Goodness, Melissa!  You can time travel as well as everything else?  Will
>you take me some time, please?  I've always thought a Regency ball would be
>brilliant.

I'm sold on the fashions.  All those high waists...nothing binding on the
fat pregnant tummy...plus the fun dances....

Okay, let's all go!  If the email router can do it, I'm sure we can find a
way to send ourselves.  :)

Melissa Proffitt