long de-lurk

Fri Apr 14 23:33:16 EDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:14:45 +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Melissa answered:
>
>>For the others, _Crown Duel_ is first, _Court Duel_ is
>>second, and they are not yet available in paperback.
>
>I'd be happy to be sure that they _would_  become available in paperback.
>The Wren books were published first, and Wren to the Rescue is now OOP, but
>even those have never been in pb.  I don't quite know what the story is.

They've been in paperback.  Sorry--I mean that I know _Wren to the Rescue_
was--that's the copy I checked out from the library.  It was published in PB
by Dell Yearling, who do a lot of reprints of children's fantasy--I've seen
their Lloyd Alexander books, and the inside cover says they did the Wrinkle
in Time series as well.  And a bunch of others.  But now I'm wondering if
that imprint is even still alive, after all the recent mergers.

As to eventual PB releases...well, who knows.  I thought it was worth
spending $25 to get the two Duel books in HC, but I'm more affluent than I
used to be.  I hope they do come out in PB eventually.

>Any chance someone could explain to me why Melissa's reply posted before
>the message in which Chris asked the question?

Shoot.  I've been time traveling again, have I?

(This happened to me all the time on one particular list--not this one--but
I don't remember why.)

Melissa Proffitt