long de-lurk

Fri Apr 14 15:00:58 EDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:03:29 +0100, Tony Fox wrote:

>BTW I like to read series of books from the beginning and you lot have got
>me interested in Sherwood Smith. Is it worth spending $20 on a second hand
>copy of Wren to the Rescue or should I just go for the Court books and if so
>which first?

The Wren books are a different series and (as far as I can tell) written for
a slightly younger audience.  I wouldn't spend that much on a copy because
liking the Duel books may not mean you like Wren--it's different enough.  I
haven't finished them yet because my child wanted me to read them to her,
and even though I can tell she isn't completely clear on the plot, I like to
encourage her.  For the others, _Crown Duel_ is first, _Court Duel_ is
second, and they are not yet available in paperback.  My very frugal and
stingy recommendation is seeing if you can get them from the library
first...though the hardcovers are VERY nice....

Melissa Proffitt