Konstam's height

Thu Apr 13 19:37:35 EDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:49:21 +1000, PREISIG Kylie wrote:

>> 	No way!!!  Oh oh oh, what about that conversation we
>> had months ago
>> about fearing Tom Cruise getting the role of Konstam!
>
>This got me thinking about Konstam's height.
>
>Konstam's slave (I can't for the life of me remember his name at the moment)
>gave Helen and Jamie the impression that Konstam was seven feet tall.  When
>he actually appeared on the scene he was quite short, which surprised
>everyone, including the slave.
>
>I could never work out what was going on there.  Was it because Konstam's
>height had grown in the telling of the tale, and the slave had convinced
>himself that Konstam was actually tall, or was it because Konstam had
>actually somehow gotten shorter?

My impression was that what's-his-name (I can't remember the slave's name
either) never actually said "Konstam is seven feet tall."  Rather, that was
Jamie's somewhat sarcastic interpretation of Joris's (okay, I looked it up)
worshipful descriptions of how perfect and wonderful Konstam was.  And Joris
was surprised because in Konstam's absence, he'd forgotten his true physical
stature.  Or even--this is a wild guess, because I can't remember how long
Joris and Konstam were separated--Joris had grown during the time they were
apart; adolescents can grow that fast!  Wild guesses in the dark, here.

Melissa Proffitt