Clever Gretchen/Patient Griselda (was RE: Pies)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Apr 6 16:57:33 EDT 2000

Elise, on Cap O' Rushes:
>Hey, I didn't even know there were all these versions of it around - but we
>must all be thinking of the same story.   I read it in the English Faery
>Tales book I mentioned way back on the favorite books survey Nat put
>together.

Oh well.  I thought you must have read it in Clever Gretchen because it
mentions the Cinderella/King Lear connection, which I'd never have spotted.
Guess you're just much more clever than I am!

IIRC, you never gave us the title of that book, Elise, and I would really
like it!  (Might not be R-ingC here, but if you did it's lost anyway, so
could you give it again?)

Hallie
hallieod at indigo.ie