What we've been reading...

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 5 20:11:55 EDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> Then I read a couple of books by Tim Powers just to go to the
> extreme opposite end of the spectrum.  His stuff is so intense and
> bloody that I can't just pick it up any old time.  But _Last Call_
> was very good.

I think _Last Call_ may be one of the two Tim Powers books I've
actually got around to reading - is it the one with the magic poker
games in it?

(Although even if I'm right, "the one with the magic poker games in
it" is a horrible description of the book, really :)

> Now I'm working my way through P.C. Hodgell's Kencyrath books.  Nyah
> nyah nyah, all of you who don't own _Seeker's Mask_.  :)

[insert incoherent foaming at the mouth here]

> Every time I read _God Stalk_ I wonder what I was thinking the first
> time.  I sincerely did not understand this book at first.

What is there not to understand about it?

> Enough blathering for now, it's time to feed the beasts.

Thank you, I've already eaten. :)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."