What we've been reading...

Loehr, Mallory mloehr at randomhouse.com
Wed Apr 5 12:12:33 EDT 2000

I read Wide Sargasso Sea when I was in college and loved it at the time, but
I was very into literary/dark/women's perspective kind of books. Also, I
love Jane Eyre and thus enjoyed the connection/backstory. I don't know how
I'd feel about it now, though. I have a hunch that you have to be in the
right mood (and sometimes at the right time in life) for certain books.

P.S. read Mairlon (sp?) book whenever it first came out and don't remember a
thing about it except that I like it in an average way. Loved Skellig and
enjoyed, in a drak sort of way, Kit's Wilderness which is better written
(for the most part) than Skellig, but didn't find the story as satisfying.
Bith books pretty much defy definition though, which is a nice change!