Pies

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Wed Apr 5 10:13:55 EDT 2000

> >The Stew sounds bad, but the Journeycake and Waybread sound worse...
>
> And then there are the Roots...

Aghhh! Roots! The heroine in my current novel has been trying to eat Roots
and having little luck. Alas, I also caught her wearing a Cloak, the
hussy... I hastily took it away and substituted a Mantle.

I am wondering, now, just how many of the Rules one can break and still
call the result Fantasyland.

If my heroine is Good, yet has dark hair, wears a Mantle instead of a
Cloak, knows that Horses do not breed by cross-pollination, decides that
Torture is not worth the pain... is she (gulp) truly a Heroine? Is she even
a Talented Girl?

Sallyo.