Spotting things

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sun Sep 26 19:48:08 EDT 1999

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, McMullin, Elise wrote:

> 	Take, for example, Charmed Life (Upcoming Spoilers). That
> was the first dwj I read so I've re-read it the longest. It was
> long, long ages before it sank in that, Gwendolen being without
> magic, it was unlikely that she could have sealed herself into that
> next world.

      "What did the child do?" asked the old lady in the mittens, very
   shaken.
      "Sealed herself in that world," said Chrestomanci. He was even
   more shaken. "Isn't that so, Cat?" he said.
      Cat nodded mulishly. It had seemed worth it. He was not sure he
   wanted to see Gwendolen again.

It was definitely Gwendolen. She borrowed Cat's power to do it, and he
let her, but it was Gwendolen.

Paul
--
"...the greater part of my wardrobe is black... it's a sensible
 colour. It goes with anything. Well, anything black."