British Fantasy Awards

Vanessa Len vlen at alphalink.com.au
Thu Sep 23 18:45:50 EDT 1999

I hope this hasn't already been posted.  I got it from another
list.

The BRITISH FANTASY AWARDS were announced at FantasyCon 23, on 23 Sept:

Karl Edward Wagner Award (British Fantasy Special Award):
Diana Wynne Jones

August Derleth Fantasy Award for Best Novel:
BAG OF BONES by Stephen King

British Fantasy Award for Best Anthology:
DARK TERRORS 4 edited by Stephen Jones and David Sutton

British Fantasy Award for Best Collection:
GHOSTS AND GRISLY THINGS by Ramsey Campbell

British Fantasy Award for Best Short Fiction:
"The Song My Sister Sang" by Stephen Laws
(from SCAREMONGERS 2: REDBRICK EDEN edited by Steve Saville)

British Fantasy Award for Best Artist:
Bob Covington

British Fantasy Award for Best Small Press:
THE THIRD ALTERNATIVE edited by Andy Cox

Dates for the 2000 convention, FantasyCon XXIV, were also announced:
8-10 Sept 2000 at Britannia Hotel Birmingham; GoHs: Storm Constantine and
Stan Nicholls with more to be added. Information available from David Howe
at: howe at which.net.